Amoskeag

  • American

Architect - AsNotedIn

Notable Position Person From To
Agent (Chief Operating Officer) Dr Oliver Dean 1826 1837

Timeline

Y/M/D Description Association Composition Place Locale Food Event
Y/M/D Description Association Composition Place Locale Food Event
1826/04/00 In 1825, Samuel Slater and Larned Pitcher sold three-fifths of the Amoskeag Cotton and Woolen Company to Dr Oliver Dean, Lyman Tiffany and Willard Sayles. Dr Dean became the Agent (Chief Operating Officer, 1826-1837) and moved to the site in April 1826. Amoskeag
1838/00/00 Amoskeag is established as a mill town by Amoskeag Manufacturing Company. Architect Amoskeag
1838/00/00 Following the standard design for company housing established by The Boston Associates, fourteen Greek Revival style tenement blocks are built by Amoskeag Mill between 1838 and 1850. Six blocks between Mechanic and Stark St were built first. Architect Amoskeag Manufacturing Company Housing District B Manchester
1839/00/00 A group of six tenement and two overseers' blocks erected between Stark and Market Streets in 1839-1840 were intended for workers of Amoskeag Mills No 1 and 2, finished the following year. Architect Amoskeag Manufacturing Company Housing District B Manchester
1845/00/00 Architect Amoskeag Manufacturing Company Housing District A Manchester
1864/00/00 Architect Amoskeag Manufacturing Company Housing District D Manchester
1881/00/00 Architect Amoskeag Manufacturing Company Housing District C Manchester
Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Google Ad

Google Ad
?