Timeline

Y/M/D Description Association Composition Place Locale Food Event
Y/M/D Description Association Composition Place Locale Food Event
Significant name Dearborn Inn and Colonial Homes Dearborn
Significant name Fair Lane Dearborn
Significant name Ford River Rouge Complex Dearborn
Significant name Henry Ford Square House Garden City
Significant name Ford Valve Plant Northville
Significant name Schuyler Mill-Ford Soybean Plant Complex Saline
Significant name Piquette Avenue Industrial Historic District Detroit
Significant name Henry Ford Estate Fort Myers
Significant name Ford Piquette Avenue Plant Detroit
Architect Henry Ford Square House Garden City
Notable visitors Visitor Slabsides (John Burroughs Cabin) West Park
1923/09/00 Henry Ford visits the Mercer Museum Visitor Mercer Museum Doylestown
1925/00/00 Henry Ford begins buying and restoring antebellum plantations in Ways Station (now Richmond Hill). He will eventually accumulate 70,000 acres, covering 120 square miles. Owner Richmond Hill Plantation Richmond Hill
1925/00/00 Henry Ford begins buying and restoring antebellum plantations in Ways Station (now Richmond Hill). He will eventually accumulate 70,000 acres, covering 120 square miles. Owner Strathy Hall Richmond Hill
1929/10/21 The Edison Institute is dedicated by Herbert Hoover. The attendees include Marie Curie, George Eastman, John D Rockefeller, Will Rogers, and Orville Wright. The dedication was broadcast on radio. Architect Greenfield Village and Henry Ford Museum Dearborn
1936/00/00 Cletus Bergen reimagines Hermitage Plantation into 6,900-square-foot home with an elevator and stainless steel appliances, a drawing room, dining room, library, kitchen, six bedrooms plus a servant's room (all upstairs) and seven bathrooms. Home Richmond Hill Plantation Richmond Hill
1939/00/00 Bryan Neck Presbyterian Church manse is built adjacent to the church. Designed in the Colonial Revival style, Henry Ford funded the construction in exchange for land owned by the church. Business Bryan Neck Presbyterian Church Keller
1940/00/00 The Martha-Mary Chapel is built by Henry Ford at Richmond Hill Plantation from trees felled in the Hurricane of 1938, shipped north and erected by the Wayside Inn. Owner Longfellow's Wayside Inn Sudbury The Great New England Hurricane of 1938
Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Google Ad

Google Ad
?