Pearl City Peninsula
- Vicinity: Pearl Harbor
Although Perl City Peninsula is now mostly modern residential homes there is a group of pre-World War II houses bounded by Lanakila Avenue, Laniwai Avenue, the Kaiapo Canel and Middle Loch.
In 1907, the peninsula was the first stop on author Jack London's voyage to the South Seas on the Snark. In the 1930s actors Carol Lombard and William Powell honeymooned at the Pearl Harbor Yacht Club (demolished), US President Franklin D Roosevelt stayed at a friend's house (George Fuller, 1934) and Robert Atkins leased his home to Pan American Airlines to become the support facilities for the China Clipper passenger service.
Historic buildings include the Macintyre House (364 Laniwai Ave) built in the 1920s - 1930s and the Uyehara House and Garage (1038 Ashley Ave) built circa 1928. - AsNotedIn