Shop Amazon

US District Courthouse, Eastern District of Wisconsin

  • NRHP Name: Kellogg Public Library and Neville Public Museum

  • Travel Genus: Sight
  • Sight Category: Building


Advertisement

Timeline

Y/M/D Person Association Description Composition Food Event
Y/M/D Person Association Description Composition Food Event
1884/00/00 In the winter of 1883-94 when Rufus B Kellogg, President of the Kellogg National Bank, proposes a new library in the Green Bay Press-Gazette.
1887/00/00 Mr and Mrs Arthur C Neville inaugurate their "Evenings in Italy" series, proceeds from which were donated to the library fund.
1888/04/00 In the spring, the city of Green Bay issues $15,000 in municipal bonds, all of which are bought by Kellogg who gives them back to the city on the condition that Green Bay appropriates at least $900 annually for library services for a fifty year minimum.
1901/00/00 Bishop Sebastian G Messmer donates a lot to the city of Green Bay for a library.
1901/02/13 Andrew Carnegie Benefactor Andrew Carnegie offers the city of Green Bay $20,000 for a library building if the city will furnish a suitable site and agree to support the library at a cost not less than $2,500 annually. This will be the first Carnegie Grant made to Wisconsin.
1903/02/16 Henry A Foeller Architect Kellogg Public Library opens.
1926/00/00 Marvin F Stephenson Architect Designed by Marvin S Stephenson of the firm Foeller, Schober and Stephenson of Green Bay, the east wing is added to the library in conjunction with the establishment of the Neville Museum.

Data »

Particulars for US District Courthouse, Eastern District of Wisconsin:
Area of Significance Architecture
Criteria Architecture-Engineering
Sight Category Building
Criteria Historic Event
Historic Use Library
Owner Local
Museum Type Museum
Architectural Style Neoclassical
Area of Significance Social History



US National Registry of Historic Places Data »

Accurate at time of registration: 9th June 1981

PLACE DETAILS
Registry Name: Kellogg Public Library and Neville Public Museum
Registry Address: 125 S. Jefferson St.
Registry Number: 81000035
Resource Type: Building
Owner: Local
Architect: Foeller,Henry A.; Stephenson,Marvin F.
Architectural Style: Classical revival
Contributing Buildings: 1
Certification: Listed in the National Register
CULTURAL DETAILS
Level of Significance: Local
Area of Significance: Architecture, Social history
Applicable Criteria: Event, Architecture-Engineering
Period of Significance: 1900-1924
Significant Year: 1901, 1903, 1926
Historic Function: Education, Recreation and Culture
Historic Sub-Function: Museum, Library
Current Function: Recreation and Culture, Vacant, not in use
Current Sub-Function: Museum

Shop Amazon
Google Ad

Google Ad
?