Search Amazon for:

Richmond Hill
Advertisement

Places

Name of Notable Genus AsNotedIn No Address Proximity Area
Name Genus AsNotedIn Address Proximity Area
Fort McAllister
  • Sight
  • NRHP
  • WBPAC
GA 67 10 mi E of Richmond Hill via GA 67
Kilkenny Plantation
  • Sight
  • NRHP
Kilkenny Rd E of Richmond Hill
Richmond Hill Plantation
  • Activity
  • Sight
  • NRHP
Ford Neck Rd E of Richmond Hill
Seven Mile Bend
  • Sight
  • NRHP
3894 Fort McAllister Rd Address Restricted, Marker is located at Fort McAllister State Historic Park by the fishing pier overlooking the Ogeechee River and Seven-Mile Bend.
Strathy Hall
  • Sight
  • NRHP
SE of Richmond Hill

Timeline

Y/M/D Person Association Description Composition Food Event
Y/M/D Person Association Description Composition Food Event
1850/03/18 George Washington McAllister Died George Washington McAllister dies in Savannah, Georgia. He is buried at Burnt Church Cemetery on the Bryan Neck Rd (south of the Belfast Keller Rd), Richmond Hill, Georgia.
1936/00/00 Henry Ford Benefactor Built by local labor near the Ways Station School, the Community House at 10512 Ford Ave serves residents by teaching cooking, home economics, sewing, dancing and other activities at no cost. The Fords attend many of the social activities.
1937/00/00 Henry Ford Benefactor Martha-Mary Chapel is built by Henry and Clara Ford. Named for the mothers of Henry (Mary) and Clara (Martha), the pews, tables and other furnishings for the chapel are made in the plantation carpentry shop. St Anne's Catholic Church, 10550 Ford Ave.
1938/01/00 Henry Ford Life Henry Ford pays Bailey Carpenter $3 for a typical $.35 hair cut. The barber chair in Carpenter's Barber Shop, now at 11460 Ford Ave, was bought by Ford. Born 15 March 1910, in Ways Station, Bailey died in Richmond Hill at the age of 98 on 23 Feb 2009.
1939/00/00 Henry Ford Benefactor Courthouse Annex is built with funding from Ford. Called "the Courthouse" by local citizens, it was used for civic meetings, including by the Masonic Lodge and Order of the Eastern Star. Later, it housed city and county governmental offices. 9930 Ford Ave
1940/00/00 Henry Ford Benefactor The congregation of the Canaan Baptist Church, primarily African-American, was organized in 1913 by Rev David Boles Sr. The present sanctuary was built with support from Henry Ford, 10872 Ford Ave.
1940/00/00 Henry Ford Benefactor Henry Ford and his wife, Clara, build a kindergarten for local children in Ways Station, Georgia and hire Dr Margaret Mustin as the first director. Richmond Hill Historical Society and Museum, 11460 Ford Avenue, Richmond Hill, GA 31324, (912) 756-2676
1940/03/00 George Washington Carver Dignitary Near 75 Crosswinds Dr, Richmond Hill, in 1939, Henry Ford funds a school to serve African-American children of lower Bryan County with Prof Herman Cooper as Principal. Dr George Washington Carver attended the dedication ceremonies in March, 1940.
1940/03/00 Henry Ford Benefactor Near 75 Crosswinds Dr, Richmond Hill, in 1939, Henry Ford funds a school to serve African-American children of lower Bryan County with Prof Herman Cooper as Principal. Dr George Washington Carver attended the dedication ceremonies in March, 1940.

Places »

Places

PlaceAsNotedInType
PlaceAsNotedInType
Bryan Neck Presbyterian Church
  • NRHP

Data »

Particulars for Richmond Hill:
Locale Type Place




Shop Amazon
Google Ad

Google Ad
?