Advertisement

Timeline

Y/M/D Person Association Description Composition Food Event
Y/M/D Person Association Description Composition Food Event
1901/00/00 GW and WD Hewitt Architect Pitcairn Building, built in 1901 as a regional distribution center for the Pittsburgh Plate Glass Company, is an eight-story, steel frame building clad in brick and granite with terra cotta details.
1945/00/00 Until 1945, Pitcairn Building was the offices of H Daroff and Sons, clothing manufacturers the originators of the "Botany 500" brand.

Data »

Particulars for Pitcairn Building:
Area of Significance Architecture
Criteria Architecture-Engineering
Sight Category Building
Area of Significance Business
Other Description English Baroque
Criteria Historic Event
Area of Significance Industry
Level of Significance Local
Owner Private
Area of Significance Social History



US National Registry of Historic Places Data »

Accurate at time of registration:

PLACE DETAILS
Registry Name:
Registry Address:
Registry Number: 87002209
Resource Type:
Owner: Private
Architect: Hewitt,G.W.; Hewitt,W.D.
Architectural Style: Other
Attribute: English Baroque
Other Certification: Date received-pending nomination
CULTURAL DETAILS
Level of Significance: Local
Area of Significance: Industry, Architecture, Social history
Applicable Criteria: Event, Architecture-Engineering
Period of Significance: 1900-1924, 1925-1949
Significant Year: 1901
Historic Function: Commerce, Trade
Historic Sub-Function: Business
Current Function: Commerce, Trade
Current Sub-Function:

Shop Amazon
Google Ad

Google Ad
?